Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nautical Mojo

Time to get back to challenges.  This is actually a challenge that has already been concluded but I will be going to do some stamping with some people down in Naples and this is the challenge that that we will be tackling this week.  It is from Mojo Monday and the challenge is #237. I will also enter this one in the Just Keep on Creating monthly challenge - Anythng Goes #2 and Travel Stories. I thought this would qualify as a travel-related card (even though they only wanted travel stories and the card could be anything!).


I decided to go with a Nautical theme (after all, my son IS a Sea Scout!).


This uses the Nautical paper that was in Stampin' Up's Summer Mini in 2011 and is currently on the clearance rack (one of my favorite papers ever!).  The circles use a set called Open Sea and the sentiment is from Service and Sacrifice (which is also to be discontinued at the end of May).

This card came together very quickly - my only "false starts" were deciding if I wanted to use the Cherry Cobbler and if I did what would be in that shade. I tried all Not Quite Navy, all Cherry Cobbler, circles with one color inside and distressing with the other color and decided on the combination you see above.

I hope you enjoy it!  Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karin,
    This card is the perfect travel themed card but also just right for any occasion. I love all the nautical elements and the colours suit the card perfectly.

    Thanks so much for sharing your son's travel adventures, looks like he has some exciting times ahead of him, keep us posted. I will alsofind out about your blogging question and get back to you.

    thanks somuch for sharing your card and story at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I he you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete