Thursday, March 15, 2012

Time to Get Stampin'!!

Wow - almost a year since I PLANNED on keeping a blog of my ideas. No time like the present to get back on track!

So...I thought to get some inspiration I would choose to enter some sketch challenges. The first one is the Stampin Queen's Sketch Challenge SQSC 30.


This is probably one of the toughest sketches I've seen. It just looked BORING! But..I decided I was up to the challenge - one has to start somewhere, huh?

I was asked to do a couple of workshops later this spring to prepare for people who want to make teacher cards and graduation cards. I had already figured out the dimensions for a standard A2 card that has a pocket inside where a gift card, cash or a gift certificate could be placed but hadn't yet assembled it or come up with a design for the cover.



To create the stripes I used the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (currently FREE with a $50 purchase with Stampin' Up!). I inked the folder with Pumpkin Pie ink and ran it through my Big Shot. I used a sliver of one of the striped papers from Everyday Enchantment (also free until the end of the month with a $50 purchase) which was cut with the scallop border punch.


I stamped Congratulations with Pumpkin Pie ink and used a square punch to make the banner ends. I used the Modern Label punch for the piece under the sentiment also using an Everyday Enchantment paper. I raised both pieces off the paper with dimensionals.

For the top I put a piece of Whisper White organza ribbon and glued it to the back. I then took a small piece, wrapped it around the strip and fastened it by tying a knot.



I fastened the pocket with sticky strip on the sides (don't want it coming apart!). I then took a circle punch and cut an opening so the gift can be seen. On the side of the inside I fastened a strip of the same designer paper I used on the cover for the punched image.

I'd love to see your comments!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! I haven't participated in any challenges in quite a while. They DO help get your creative juices going. I don't have the diagonal plate for the score tool yet. When I do, I will let you know and you can try it out. XO, Mimi

    ReplyDelete