Friday, April 6, 2012

Swirls and Whirls Challenge

The challenge I am entering today is from the Totally Gorjuss blog. The challenge they set forth is "Swirly Whirly" - Challenge #125. Perfect timing! I have been wanting to use my Bigz Tulipe die more and this is just the opportunity I needed to pull it out.

So...I decided to do a monochromatic color scheme and let the swirls and whirls be the star.

The bottom cutout was from the bottom of one of the the Designer Cuts Cards & Envelope set designs. The swirls and whirls were from the Bigz Tulipe die, and the pieces at the top and bottom of the oval with the sentiment was made using the Doily Triple Layer Punch (setting #2). I distressed everything with River Rock ink and the sentiment (from Stampin' Up!'s Tagtastic set) was inked in Soft Suede. Lots of dimensionals were used to add a bit of interest and assorted sizes of pearls were used as embellishments.

Simple, understated, yet elegant - a win-win card!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card. You do make some great cards.

    ReplyDelete