Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Wiper Card

Today's card is a bright spring card perfect for Mother's Day or an anytime "You're Fantastic" note card.  I am entering two challenges.  The first challenge is from Paper Creations Ink and is Challenge #23 - "April Flowers Bring May Flowers".  The second challenge is from Paper Play Challenges for their " '12 Week 15 - Things With Wings" [Missed this one - forgot that Australia is a day ahead!]. So...I will enter Challenge #1 at Just keep on Creating; Anything Goes instead.

The card starts out to have a pretty basic look.


If you let the card free stand you definitely realize that this is no ordinary card:



When you pull the sides the beauty begins:


Here's a closeup of the top:


I decided to use items that are all going to be discontinued by Stampin' Up! May 31. I love the Poppy Parade color and will miss that and the "Flores Suaves" stamp set the most.  ;-(   The butterfly and the side rose are from "Flores Suaves", the sentiment is from "Perfect Words" and the flowers on the front are from "Three Little Words". The patterned papers are from the In-Color paper pad.

I saw this technique in a tutorial by Bette.  I thought the card needed somewhere to add a little note so I added the little card in the front.

Any suggestions on how to keep the front card closed?  I tried a few different ideas but wasn't pleased with any of them. I also didn't want to use ribbon because I thought it would take away from the rest of the card (to run the ribbon so it would tie on the side of the card)



What are your favorite cards with "mechanics"? I don't know that I have a favorite - I think I just like variety!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, how about a velcore dot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant design and I love the detail:)
    Thankyou for joining us PaperCreations Ink Challenges
    Huggs
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just lovely, I love all the different folds and the beautiful spring colours yu have used.

    the velcro dot idea sounds good :)

    Thanks so much for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I love your colors and the folds. This is one I've never tried, but it looks like I need to try. Thanks for joining us at Paper Creations Ink, and we look forward to seeing you again next time. Hugs, dj1952 (Debra) GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this. Was thinking about putting an extra mat on the back with my message.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about magnet under the paper? Love your card!

    ReplyDelete